A Rural Journal...come join in the fun:
1. 2 a.m. is way too early for this girl to wake up but it is what it is. I don't know why I am constantly waking up at 2. Sometimes I can go right back to sleep but this morning, NOPE, wide-eyed-and-bushy-tailed I was. Tried to just close my eyes and drift off, but no. Then read a bit. Television...none of it worked so 4:10 a.m. and I just got up. Makes me nuts but usually I can go all day and not be tired. Could be that I just got so much sleep the past couple of days because I was SICK!
2. Sick, yes I have had a bellyache, and I mean bellyache. Gosh it was crazy the cramping and "other", but I think I'm on the mend. Definitely taking it easy with the food.
3. I did feel well enough yesterday to go to the office for a bit and then the grocery store. Took a bit out of me but I was determined to get my agenda fulfilled for the day. Since the weather was AWESOME I planted in my already tilled garden, potatoes, onions, lettuce and spinach. That done I was SPENT! But it is in the ground and I am quite happy. Here's to fresh stuff. (I know The Hubby and I have sort of given up potatoes, but NEW POTATOES, well that is a different subject and we will partake!)
4. On that little note, I have decided that it is time to get serious with the diet again and get back on Jorge Cruise's The 100 Diet. It's really counting sugar calories but since June of last year I have dropped 25 pounds, 5 of which I have put back on. For The Hubby this is a great diet because his triglycerides are usually HIGH, scary high. Mine have never been an issue. He doesn't have a weight issue AT ALL, but his blood work can be a issue. Since we've pretty much given up potatoes, pasta, and bread it is amazing how easy it has been. Now don't get me wrong we do get "a-hankering" for the stuff and indulge but not often. I told The Hubby the other day that it is amazing how I rarely go down the middle of the grocery store anymore, no processed stuff. I buy fresh vegetables, meats and some frozen stuff for convenience. Stuff like veggies, fish and chicken. I have some goals, not only health. A ball at the end of April for a DVIS (Domestic Violence Intervention Services) fundraiser, a doctors appointment, and my 40th class reunion in the fall.
5. My oldest high school bestie found out this week she may be headed to Phoenix with her job. I am not happy about that as we have just found each other again a few years ago, but it is what it is and I know it would NOT be permanent. She's kind of had a rough time and I hope things work out for her which ever way they may. I'm just so happy that we have found each other again, forever! I love her dearly.