Saturday, March 01, 2014

Pouch Food

Pouch food.
 Do you know what I'm talking about?  It's the new convenient way mommies can transition their babies to grownup food.  

The other night some of my girl friends came by and we were chatting before going to dinner.  These ladies work at the day school at our church, one of them is the director.  Anyway, they were discussing some of the problems with a few of the children being extremely picky eaters.  The picky eaters, they went on to say, were fed almost exclusively pouch food.  These little ones were 3-4 years old and real food still freaked them out.  My friends went on to say that there are several problems with pouch food from the picky stuff to speech impediment problems.  Oh my goodness I had no idea but had my worries about the over use of these said pouches.
Since we have a sweet little granddaughter this pouch food thing caught my attention.  Thank goodness Rio has transitioned right on to real food, not this pureed stuff.  I just found this topic of discussion very interesting and validated my concerns for the stuff.  As I've read, it should be only used for convince for travel or on the go, not for every single meal as I think some families are choosing to use.  Caution for sure.

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I see people use it as a regular snack. It just seems too highly processed for me.

Beryl said...

Interesting - I didn't know such stuff existed. (I know there are children who will not drink water unless it's bottled.) Are these pouches clear, or do you just have to trust that what's inside is OK?