Monday, December 23, 2013

Christmas Memories

Being a bit nostalgic this morning.  I've been going through old pictures again.  Bro, Sis and I and sweet Susie.  As I look at the photo there are tons of memories that several objects in the photo provoke.  What a wonderful kitty she was.  She had several litters of kittens and was the best kitty-mother ever.  We got her when we were living in Arkansas I think.  She had worms very bad and a horrible abscess in her bottom jaw that caused a good many of her bottom teeth to fall out.  Since she was missing the bottom teeth her tongue would slip out when she purred.  The PJ's Momma made for us for Christmas were quilted and very warm.  See behind my head, there is that stick looking thing, well, that was a floor to ceiling lamp.  It twisted to lock up to the ceiling. there were three lamps on it.  Very in right now.  The piano where all three of us kids learned to play.  That poor piano's final resting place was on the back porch, Bro's leaky bedroom.  The water damage ruined it but it gave us many years of enjoyment.  I still have that sheet music and play it sometimes, one of my recital pieces.  In fact the lady that taught us, Betty Sumner passed away last month.  She taught mother a bit too.  

Now here we are at Grandma and Grandpa's on the other end of Main Street in Broken Arrow.  That house is a hospice.  We had many, many Christmas's and wonderful times in that house.  Daddy lived there while he was in high school.  There is Grandpa, me, my Bro and Sis and two of our cousins, Deana and Mike.  Awwww, the memories.   
We were always expected for Christmas morning at Grandma and Grandpa's (Daddy's parents) for many years and then it became Christmas Eve which opened us up to spend Christmas day at Granny and Granddaddy's (Mother's parents).  

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love to go through old Christmas pics. Sad and happy at the same time.