Monday, December 09, 2013

A Splash of Paint

During this extended time spent inside from the snow I got busy this weekend and finished "Little Pimmy".  She was Bri's sweet kitty that passed this year.  Bri had this awesome closeup picture of her and I just HAD to paint it.  I think it turned out really well.  Of course, the painting will go to Bri, if she wants it.  I'm quite pleased and it was fun to paint.

Time spent inside has given me the time to paint. Then I shopped a bit online and played gin on ClubPogo to pass more time.  While perusing the Internet I sipped a bit of hot tea out of one of my many, MANY tea cups that seem to keep being left to me.  I have so many of these little jewels I decided to start using them instead of letting them sit in a closed cabinet gathering dust.  Isn't this one lovely.  I have them from my greatgranny, granny, mother, grandmother and mother-in-law, I HAVE TONS!

I forgot to post this one.  While Afton was home I wanted to go see my painting at the Philbrook Festival of Trees.  I was so excited to see it hanging on the walls.  As far as I know it is still unsold as are most of the paintings, gingerbread houses and trees, for a fundraiser, not good.  Of course, it has been a couple of weeks since I was there and there is still a week to go!  Keep your fingers crossed.  It was fun to take Rio to Philbrook for the very first time of her life.  My granny took us when we were children once and in her stack of old pictures there was one of the front of Philbrook, either before it was a museum or just as it was turned into one.  

Oh, and in January I have another opportunity for a quick art show for a weekend.  Will give details soon.

2 comments:

Beryl said...

Love your cat picture! Hope the roads clear in time for me to get out to the Philbrook in time to see the Festival of Trees and your picture.

Kay said...

Your cat painting is fabulous! I love it. It will be much appreciated.