Saturday, August 17, 2013

Baking 101...NOT

I decided today to try that yummy Southern Caramel Cake that has been floating around on FaceBook lately.  We're going to a garden dinner tonight with tons of people and I'm doing fried okra and at the last minute the cake.


So far, so good... 

Not too bad but when I turned to put the caramel icing bowl in the sink...slip sliding away the cake was going.  I put the icing on while it was still too warm. 
I reached to catch and since it is a caramel icing, well it stuck to my hand.  When I tried to push it back the back side of the cake broke too.  Oh well, a baker I am not I guess I will stick to the paintbrushes from now on or just bake it in a retangular pan. 
I seriously thought about dumping it in the trash but just can't waste it.  I'll pick on of my huge hibiscus red flowers and cover up the breakage. 
 

4 comments:

Kay said...

I wonder how that cake tasted. I'd like to know how you made the fried okra too.

Nonnie said...

I think it looks good. And the idea about the flower is clever.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

First, it's not you. My friend made this same cake and hers turned out wonky, too. I wonder, sometimes, about these Internet recipes!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

The icing thing is always tough. I remember ego just before Heather and I got married my parents and some relatives from Connecticut were coming and Heather's cake had a similar mishap.