Friday, November 02, 2012

Knee Update

I have news.  Waiting nearly 5 weeks for some kind of something to deal with this pain in my knee I finally have a surgery date.  I had the MRI last week and again I was waiting and waiting for a phone call about what the results were and where we needed to go.  Finally, 6 days later I called the doc's office to have them tell me that I was supposed to call and set up an appointment, "Didn't they tell you that."  NO!  So we scheduled the appointment and I went yesterday.  Wednesday I was in the worst pain ever and The Hubby was not sympathetic at all complaining that he was tired of me moaning.  Uh, really!  That aside, I slept badly and waited around all day long for the 3:15 appointment.  I arrived at 3:00, checked in and waited.  I waited and waited, yet again.  At 4:06, my name was called to go into the patient room where I patiently waited and waited.  At 4:24, in the door walked the doctor.  A quick yadda-yadda about cartilage bits, swelling, bone irritation (no joke), and arthritis, he sort of suggested that he could clean it out with the arthroscopic surgery and I was yes, yes, let's do it.  He did say that a knee replacement might be in my future...ICK!  I hobbled back to my car and made the phone calls to friends, kiddo's and then to the hospital to set up pre-op.  I'm on!  When talking to The Hubby, he wanted to know if it was caused by any one thing like a dance move.  I told him no but I should have said YES!  He wants to be sure I can dance again I think and for the dancing to not be the culprit.  Really, I think it is a lot of factors, dancing, jogging, Jazzercise, age, weight, age.....Sucks getting old I can say.  Daddy apologized for giving me the bad arthritic knees that he is blessed with.

4 comments:

Rennata said...

I hope the surgery goes well for you.
I noticed in your About Me that you added a PS about counting yourself an artist. Congratulations on that. Most artists find that the hardest thing to do and I always love it when someone can come right out and say Yes, I am an artist!

Anonymous said...

Having had surgery on both knees I would suggest that you make sure they plan on doing some physical therapy afterward. You are going to need that knee to bend more then it will want to.

Beryl said...

Good luck with your knee operation!

Sweet Tea said...

I just hate that many doctors do not schedule their appnts in a way that minimizes the wait. Grrrrrr! Everyone's time is valuable, not just theirs. Best of luck with the surgery. I think you'll be amazed at the pain relief. DH has had multiple knee surgeries through the years and each have given him great results!