Tuesday, January 25, 2011

A Ramble

I am writing this actually on Monday as I feel that I'm kind in the groove with words today.  Think I'll just let the ramble flow so hang on.

Since the snow and ice stuff last week I missed 2, TWO, days of workout and was not happy although the knee is a bit smiley.  So Monday morning, yesterday, (yeah this is kind of weird writing a day early), I popped out of bed to hit the treadmill again.  Now remember this is at 5 am and I am out the door between 5:30 and 5:45.  I pulled into the parking lot where there is usually only a couple of cars to find four.  Uh oh, that meant that of the three machines available to use only one would be open.  The treadmill was occupied, the elliptical was occupied, which left the stationary bike, (my fave...NOT. ) Oh really, I don't mind too much but I knew that the guy on the treadmill would be off soon.  He was next with the trainer after the other lady was done then I could make my move.  I was only able to do about 45 minutes because my knee, oh my knee is giving me some fits.  After dance class last week it is not getting better but I do push it as I did on the treadmill.  I CAN'T let it stop me for nothing.  I have a 5K to do with the daughter, son-in-law and one of her friends in March!  Hopefully, I will do enough to lose weight at Weight Watchers on Tuesday.  This past weekend was a bit foody but not too bad and not a whole bottle of wine that caused the scale to pop-up .2 of a pound last week.  I am determined to make it work this time DAMMIT! 

Monday was also the rescheduled doctor's appointment for Daddy and the surgeon.  He is not healing as fast as they thought so we will be back in another 2 weeks.  He is so disappointed.  He is not to drive because then he couldn't have home health care, hence the need for we three kids to do the grocery shopping and trips to the doctor and he's getting a bit cabin fever.  Poor guy.  He really needs to get out and walk and HEAL but with the cold and snow that is not happening either.  I don't know what we are going to do if that gapping hole does not heal.  A bit worried.

3 comments:

Flea said...

Have you had your thyroid checked? Particularly the thyroid antibodies? Wouldn't hurt.

Jill of All Trades said...

Yup, already on meds for it.

Nanny Goats In Panties said...

Well, good for you and your determination! I admire your ability to get up so dang early and go to the gym. Good Luck on your 5K run in March!