Thursday, January 27, 2011

Changing Focus Here

I'm afraid this blog may become a bit of my diet and weight loss blog for a bit and I'm sorry about that but I'm on a mission. 

Yesterday I was determined to be accurate with my food intake, exercise and water consumption.  I probably took in over 100 ounces of water.  I also committed and signed up for a 5K with B&B in March.  OH MY GOSH...that was kind of scary to go ahead and hit the OK button but I did it and there is no turning back.  It's not like I haven't done something like that before, but I want to run a good part of it, not walk, so I'm in training.  This morning I did my 15 warm up on the treadmill before leg day with the trainer and the 15 minutes I lightly ran or jogged.  Then I did the leg thing with W, squats and step-up knee-up's.  After that I hit the elliptical for 5 minutes - EGAD, and then back on the treadmill for another 15minutes run.  I have NEVER done that much of the running thing and it seemed easy.  Tomorrow I will do the hour but may not run the whole way, at least yet.  I have to work up to it.  I am on my way!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go Carla, I am impressed. I called our local WW leader last night (also a friend) and got her commitment to give me sh*t if I start to fail and so I am returning to WW meetings Tuesday!

Kay said...

I am so impressed, too! I hate to run or do much exercise which I MUST do. I did Chi Kung exercises today which felt very good. I love low impact stuff.