Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Bowling Again

Last week we started the bowling season again and I SUCKED at it.  The first three balls I threw were in the GUTTER!!!  EGADS!!!  That was just horrible.  I ended the season last spring/season with a 140 average and was very proud with that.  I started this time with a 120...EGADS!  It takes me a bit to get it all back together after a summer off.  I was much better tonight with a couple of 130 plus.  I was a bit worried as my "trainer" is working me hard and my arms...OUCHY...are a bit sore, but it was okay.  Thanks W.

While leaving the bowling alley tonight I was surprised to run into a guy I went to high school with.  I forgot that he sometimes bowls on another league that is after ours.  I saw him once last year and there he was again tonight.  I went to kindergarten, grade school, junior high and high school with this guy so I have known him forever.  He is one of the nicest guys I have ever known and let me tell you one of the most handsome men I have ever known...REALLY.  Wow, almost takes your breath away.  Thanks S for making my heart flutter a bit today! 

4 comments:

Char said...

:) you made me smile with the remarks about your high school friend

Kay said...

How wonderful to meet somebody from your past. That's always a lot of fun.

Gutterballs? That's the only kind I can throw...roll, that is.

Carma Sez said...

I bowled a 95 last week (with the rails up) - My son and I usually go bowling once a year and we decided to fit it in before school started up.

The second game I bowled in the 80's - also with rails up --

so don't feel so bad :D

lagirl/sweet tea said...

I used to bowl on a Women's League. It was fun but I was never any good at it. Still one year I rec'd a trophy - "The Most Pregnant Bowler" award. League ended May the 8th and my son was born on May 10th!