Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cabin Fever Never

As you may have read in previous posts The Hubby and I have our own business of which I spend a lot of time sitting in a windowless office. Sometimes the day is pierced with tons of phone calls and then there are days when I don't even pick the phone up or see a living soul. I play POGO on the computer and can see outside with cameras from my desk but basically I'm by myself most of the time. Plus the office is nothing but MEN, when I might see them. So, to my story:

Since we have had the winter of the century in Oklahoma I have been home except for one day in which The Hubby insisted he take me to the office. I have been home and throughly enjoying it. I have windows! Last night The Hubby made the statement, "I don't see how you can stay here everyday, pent up, it would drive me crazy." I turned to him with my jaw hanging and said, "What do you mean it's just like at the office only I have windows here. I stay busy. I read, clean, watch TV, water plants, watch the birds, just stuff." It stopped him dead, he blinked and looked at me and then had to turn it back on me, "You know there is stuff you can do at the office if you were motivated (that is the key word). You can answer the phone. The customers don't like talking to the answering service."

OK...First, I am NOT motivated anymore to sit there. Second, then why do we have an answering service if we don't even use it.

I was really pissed at him. He still doesn't get the boredom and apathy I feel sitting there. I don't know if he ever will. He's also upset because I haven't worked out with him since I can't get to Jazzercise. The last time I went with him to workout at his place he embarrassed me and felt like what I was doing was a waste of my time. Unknown to him I have been doing Pilates to my DVD's everyday. HMMMPH!

Next Tuesday is our 31st Anniversary, I guess I had better get over it. HaHaHaHaHaHaHa

No comments: