Wednesday, February 15, 2023

Max & Min

This baby, Mighty Max is really close to coming HOME!  Today he had a G-tube put into his tummy.  He passed his 2nd swallow test with only one little aspiration but it's just a bit too risky to head home without the G-tube.  The injection has helped tremendously but it could wear off before his vocal cord could repair itself and he would aspirate and that would be life threatening.  So he goes home with the G-tube, just in case but they will continue mouth feeding carefully with the G-tube there as a backup for food.  He's bright-eyed and a happy baby that everyone in the hospital just adores.  

Last weekend Min and her daddy headed that way to see momma and Max.  This kiddo is absolutely in the throws of the TERRIBLE THREES!!!  She made her momma crazy, and this week, me too!  Oh man she is pushing the boundaries of how far she can assert herself with her daddy and me.  Yesterday her daddy just could not get her dressed.  She stalled and stalled saying she had to poop, then pee.  She was running around naked and I was left to try and get her to school while her daddy headed to work.  She is supposed to be at her preschool by 9 and I did not get her there till 10!  Getting her dressed is a horrendous task, she does NOT cooperate at all and strips whatever you manage to get on.  Her thing is she says she has to poop or pee, over and over again when she clearly does not need to go.  Yesterday I was able to cojole her into clothes and out the door, eventually.  Today, oh man today, Mean Granny made an appearance.  I had to pretty much manhandle her to get her dressed. As long as she is naked she is just fine but the MINUTE you put her foot in her panties she starts screaming she has to pee or poop, owey that her bottom has a rash, blah, blah, blah.  She does NOT have a rash, it is perfectly perfect.  It is a huge stall tactic to keep control in her hands.  This morning I was having absolutely none of it.  I got her dressed with her screaming no.  Getting her coat on, every time I got her arm in she screamed bloody murder, ouch, ouch, ouch and she would shuck out of it.  I finally got both arms in and carried her to the front door, grabbed her lunch and bag, my purse and out the door we went, her crying.  Down the front steps and to the driveway she suddenly bolted and I YELLED her name.  She stopped dead in her tracks and let me catch up.  I would have not been able to catch her if she had run which scared the shit out of me.  I got her to the car, opened the door and lifted the squirmy snake in the car with her yelling, screaming and crying, "HELP, HELP ME!"  Well, crap, just as a neighbor lady was walking by.  Good GRIEF!   Her daddy said she did that in the grocery the night before and he left his cart taking her to the car and a lady giving him the eye, watching him put her into the car and acting like she was calling someone and following him out of the parking lot.  THAT IS DAMN SCARY!  Where in the world did she learn to scream help me, HELP! in the first place.  That sweet little face is very deceiving and she is perplexing us all by her behavior.  I got her to school but it was definitely later than it should have been.  When we got there I turned around in the car to look at her and talk to her about her behavior not being acceptable and that it brought out the Mean Granny, that all I want to be is Nice Granny and love her and play with her.  I do not know if she understands but we have got to get through to her.  I'm mentally exhausted with this and feeling like I'm loosing control of my life really.  When I got the emergency help call on Tuesday I was at the office with all my taxes laid out I was trying to get ready for the accountant.  I ended up having to just grab it all up and put it back in the drawer and I have not been back to deal with it yet.  I tried to paint this morning but didn't get too much done because I was talking to Linda and dealing with an art show coming up.  Hopefully next week I will get more done.  Who knows what each day, each hour brings but I know it will level out and she will get it soon, I hope.  I love this little button and don't want to be Mean Granny at all.  

No comments: