Monday, February 20, 2023

Mardi Gras and Potty Training.

The past weekend we headed to the cabin with this little nugget in tow.  Getting her in the car/car seat was not as much a problem as it usually is (thank goodness) but she was concerned how far the drive was. She keeps her legs crossed until she drifts off to sleep or just eases up.  We have figured out she is regressing in potty training and I'm not fighting that.  Will just work with her on it.  We had company on Saturday night for dinner and I had her dinner done before and then all set up in her room with my IPad and Little Bear that I had downloaded.  Also my friend, Lesa, brought a huge goody bag full of new stuff to play with and that was perfect to keep her attention.  Forgot that this week starts the Mardi Gras celebrations everywhere and as luck would have it I fixed the perfect meal and we had beads galore with Lesa bringing more for the party.  The only hitch was I told her she had to stay in the room so she would yell out my name.  Goodness I was up and down like popcorn but I'm telling myself it's exercise!  She was good until she decided to strip the clothes, her bottom half.  I then definitely told her she could not come out if she was naked.  LOL!  Honestly she was great and packing and loading up yesterday she was a jewel all dressed with panties, but she wanted a diaper on when we got home.  I had only brought two with The Hubby going back to town for the flea market and picking up another.  My plan today is if she wants to be naked that is okay with me.  I'm not going anywhere and no one is coming over, except Snicklefritz and she may be a big help in all this.  Honestly I never experience potty training regression. This is a whole new thing for me but we will get through it.  She's also been eating really well and in fact last night, after a good dinner, she woke up hungry and wanted food.  (She actually woke up twice.)  It was kind of a rough night with sleep but again this is temporary and we will get through.  I am very tired.  

Forgot, my meal was so yummy this weekend.  Our store carries in the frozen food section a jalapeno cream cheese stuffed pork tenderloin that is so very yummy.  My grocery person who shops for me accidently picked out one that had shrimp and andouille sausage in it.  So I had one of each (Mardi Gras theme).  They are extremely easy to cook and pack a punch of flavor for company.  I also had roasted new potatoes and a huge tossed salad.  It was a tasty meal.  

 

No comments: