Sunday, February 13, 2022

Day 10

It is now day 10 of hip healing and it is going very well.   It is amazing how every single day is better and better in this healing process.  I've had almost constant company so The Hubby could work from daughter #2 and her little Mini.  Yesterday daughter #1 and Snicklefritz came while he had to run to the cabin.  I'm good now spending time by myself but he is not too keen on my getting up to use the bathroom unless someone is here.  He's just cautious.  Friday evening he went briefly to a dance and I invited Snicklefritz to spend the night for company and just in case.  We chatted and visited, watched the Olympics and played several games of UNO. 



So far every task or goal the physical therapists set I far exceed and they have to step it up more and more.  I so want to ditch the walker soon and I know all in good time.  I've doing a lot of sponge baths because my doctor's protocol said NO SHOWERS!  But we did read that I could if they kept it under the waterproof thing after the aquaseal was removed.  Luckily on Friday the aquaseal was removed and a new kind of waterproof but on and until it left to air dry I can now shower.  I was okay with the sponge baths and we started washing my hair in the kitchen sink which was a huge help.  But...TODAY...I go to have an actual shower.  The Hubby got shower chair (our shower is ADA/wheelchair accessible) and we both got in and SCRUBBED!!!  Goodness that felt so good.

There have also been a steady flow of friends bringing food and some will stay and have a nice visit.  The Hubby's best friend and his wife brought food from one of our favorite restaurants and we all dined TOGETHER!  Having friends and family add the physical healing of my body to make me whole again.  Onward to week two of staying home then to a half week and hopefully cut loose to live the rest of my life without PAIN!  

No comments: