Thursday, February 24, 2022

A Sleeting We Will Go

Ice, Ice, Baby...

Goodness this stupid weather.  First was the morning of my hip surgery and the snow we had to travel through at 5 am to get to the hospital.  Yesterday it was again another iffy drive for my post-op.  It was sleet and a lot of it.  Honestly that drive wasn't as bad but this morning is a lot worse.  In fact we shut down our business because the employees didn't want to drive in (don't blame them.)  It's the same story this morning and will probably be the same tomorrow.  Tomorrow I have to go in though to do payroll.  Hmmm, well we will see.  

Back to my post-op.  We did make it!  So excited to have the stitches OUT and permission to drive, when this stupid ice is gone.  The doc is very pleased with how this new hip looks and me too.  I was disappointed that I have to do out patient.  Really didn't want to but it could last 1-4 weeks so I will be a good patient and get it done. 

Last nights dinner, yes I cooked again, was what I could dig up out of the pantry/freezer since grocery shopping is not happening via hip and weather.  I found frozen shrimp in the freezer and a jar of marinated artichoke hearts.  I googled those ingredients and came up with a shrimp & artichoke bake.  

Shrimp & Artichoke Bake
(What I had:)
Frozen shrimp (about 14)
Small jar of marinated artichoke hearts, drained & cut up if too big
Red pepper flakes
1 tsp Kerry Gold garlic & herb butter
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbls shredded parmesan
Preheat oven to 400°. Saute drained artichoke hearts in non-stick skillet with butter and pepper flakes for about 3-5 minutes. Take out and put in small casserole (I used deep dish pie plate.) Put shrimp in skillet cook till pink turning once, about 3-5 more minutes. When done put on top of artichoke hearts. Top with the mozzarella cheese and parmesan. Bake in oven 10-15 minutes.
I would have loved to serve it with fresh broccoli or spinach but fresh pantry is bare.
It was quite yummy.

No comments: