Monday, October 04, 2021

Birthdays and Vaccines

This is the face of a fully vaccinated and boostered person.  I also had my flu shot and the pneumonia shot for over 65.  I am a HUGE believer in any kind of vaccines.  I was raised in the early times when polio was abounding in this world and my mother took me to the school cafeteria where I was given the sugar cube, gladly.  I also had the smallpox vaccine and have the scar to show for it.  I was born before there were mumps and measles vaccines, hence I had all that.  I've had several versions of measles, mumps and chicken pox (still have scars from that.)  Yes I did survive but a lot did not and some had lifelong debilitating side effects from the diseases.  
I had my 1st and 2nd Covid vaccine and last week I quickly got in line for my booster.  I had absolutely no side effects as did The Hubby when he got his on Friday.  We are both good and I feel a sigh of relief.  Yes I know I can still get the virus, much like the flu that they tell you that you can still get even if you are vaccinated. There are different variants and that is what is happening to the Covid virus.  I suspect that every fall when we line up for the flu shot the Covid shot will be part of it too.  You cannot just eat healthy or have some other kind of alternative care and think you are bulletproof, that is just insane.  Too many have died with that kind of attitude. Stepping down now. 

The weekend was very quiet at the cabin.  We watched football (not my thing) and enjoyed a small gathering for dinners and a bit of birthday cake for my friend.  Yesterday morning was just awesome as the fog rolled in and all you could hear were the crows in the background calling out that fall was here. 

Friday and Saturday also ushered in another year for both the grandgirls.  This little munchkin turned 2!  It's so hard to believe how fast she is growing.
Snicklefritz turned 9...WHAT!!!  So grown up she is.
Since their birthdays are a day apart we celebrated together and then they did their own things on the weekend.  Min said, "I blow candles, eat cake and make wish."  Yes she did.
Happy Birthday my darling girls.  Granny loves you to the ends of the earth and back.



 

No comments: