Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Snow, Snicklefritz and Crocheting

Snow...SNOW...snow...
This past weekend we jetted away to the cabin, The Hubby, me and Snicklefritz.  She had been out of in-person school 10 days so safe to be around again.  They've yet again gone back to virtual school and I think I heard this morning that will be until the first of  February, so MORE GRANDDAUGHTER TIME!!!  The Hubby was spending the last part of Friday and most of the day Saturday doing a landscape lighting job for one of the cabinites so it was just me and Snicklefritz.  We played Go Fish, Uno and she brushed and styled my hair a multitude of times (I love it.)  Then I told her I wanted to teach her how to crochet.  She's 8 years old and has great dexterity and a great mind so I knew she could get it.  First up was how to tie a slip-knot which she got really quick.  Then it was to a chain.  She chained and chained and chained until it was about 3 feet long...LOL.  I had her pull it out several times to get better and better, practice makes perfect.  Then when I felt she could move on we tackled the single crochet.  Oh it was messy and a bit lopsided but she was getting it for sure.  I was so proud of her and praised her many times.  Her momma said that once home she got frustrated and ripped it all out.  I hope she continues to work on it more.  It just takes practice to really get a feel to how the stitches are supposed to work.  Will have her over again soon and we will take it on again.  I suggested to her Momma that YouTube would have some videos for beginning crochet for children, I was sure.  

The weather forecast called for snow early Sunday morning so we hit the road back to Tulsa a little after 8:30 and it was raining but by the time we were pulling out of the drive the snow was splattering the windshield in huge wet snowflakes.  Before we could get off the back roads it was getting pretty slushy but I knew the highway would be better.  It wasn't much better and we drove slow and careful to get back to town.  OMG, that snow was just stunning to watch.  Of course driving back we were driving right into the blowing stuff.  Looking out at the trees Snicklefritz said, "Granny look how pretty the forest is!"  She was mesmerized.  It was quite beautiful but I want to get home safe and sound.  Normally I would be on pins and needles but you know something I was not scared one tiny bit.  That is really unusual for me.  I seem to have lost a lot of the fear that has always been buried in my gut.  Don't get me wrong, driving on mountainous roads...NO F.....in' way!  Hate those still and they will put me in a panic attack.  I can't even watch videos of driving on them without nearly getting breathless.  YUCK!  But we did get home and it was nice to watch it come down all nice and snug in our warm house. 
Sadly we were without our little Clayton.  When we were loading up the car on Friday afternoon there was something wrong with him.  The Hubby put him in his carrier and as he carried him out to the truck he cried and whined like you wouldn't believe.  We called the vet and they had us bring him in and we left him in their capable hands to see what was going on. 
It was kind of nice not having to constantly have to get up and down to let him in and out all weekend but we sure missed the little guy.  The Hubby picked him up yesterday afternoon.  They wanted to give him a bath first and I suspect it was probably because he fell in his pee or poop.  This tripod leg thing, well, his balance is struggling.  We got him home and he was still crying and now he's all stove-up in his neck.  He keeps having spasms in his neck and back.  I'm sure that one front leg is tired of carrying all the weight and with this cold snap his arthritis is kicking in big time.  I'm not sure they gave him any of his arthritis medicine the whole time he was in there which means we have to let it kick in again.  Last night he whined a bit and couldn't get comfortable in bed, kicking me most of the night.  I got up at 2:30 and took him outside to pee.  I got up at 3:00 and took him outside to pee.  I AM TIRED GUYS!  I'm not meant for an infant anymore.  I dozed back off about 5, just in time for my alarm to go off...  The Hubby put him on our bed again while I was in my chair in the bedroom and when I went to get him off the bed and in the living room (he can't fall off of our very tall bed, it would kill him!) he cried and tried to bite me.  Oh this poor baby is in such pain and he keeps having these spasms that sends him almost standing on his back legs and falling over.  It's hard to watch and I hope by tonight or tomorrow it will be better.  I don't know how much NOT SLEEPING I can take...Today...NAP!  

No comments: