Friday, December 25, 2020

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas 
Clayton is dreaming away this early Christmas morning.  He tried to wake me up this morning at 3:30 because yesterday I was up at 3:30 and he got to eat early.  This morning I just put him down on the floor and he slept on his new pallet in the living room until about 5:30.  That's more like it.  Update on our little guy is he is much better.  He still has some episodes of spasms but they are not often now.  It was so hard to watch his body spasm and he just cried.  The vet had us increase one of his meds and it seems to have helped.  He's finally wanting to sit and sleep by me on the couch again.  When he first started this the best place for him was on the floor on a thick soft blanket.  He laid so funny on it in such twisted ways but it was what was comfortable for him.  I just knew at the beginning of this that we were going to lose him but again he has rallied.  Poor guy.  He even goes out his doggie door and back in again like a champ.  

This week was another sad time but a must to move on to the future.  Daddy's house, our home at one time is now gone and all that's left is dirt.  I got all kinds of texts and Facebook messages that "the old homestead" was gone, did I know...well, yes I did know it was going to go.  We knew and we are okay with it.  The land will have a new grand home built on it and a new family and new memories will be made in that spot.  I hope all the good memories surround their family and home.  I was also able to disburse nearly all of Daddy's estate to my siblings and myself this week too, Merry Christmas!  If Daddy only knew what he left us.  He thought he just had a little money in the bank but he forgot to take into account the life insurance and the house.  I hope to be able to give some to my girls and the grandbabies for their college funds.  Thank you Daddy.

MERRY CHRISTMAS



 

No comments: