Sunday, October 04, 2020

Still Moving On

A bit of an update on this little girl.  Little or should I say "fat" Susie is well.  She spent a week at the vet getting all spa-ed with bath, flea dip, brushing, nails trimmed, lots of love and vaccinations.  Poor thing was so stressed with Daddy gone from her world and all the interlopers in her house tearing it apart that she was beside herself.  So some time away was what she needed and a plan on where she would go to live.  My girls were so upset that she might be put with a family unknown to us so the oldest has taken her in, and so far she is acclimating to her new world with a child, two dogs and another cat.  We will see how she tolerates it all.  
Also we were able to salvage these door facings from Daddy's.  They were on the facings that go from the living room to the kitchen and have recorded the growths of my siblings and myself, our children and now the great grandchildren.  We were all distraught that they might be lost forever once we sell the house because it is likely that it will be torn down.  So the bro-in-law, a trim carpenter by trade, took them down and replaced them and you can't even tell they were taken off.  He did a magnificent job.  Forgot to take a photo of the finished product.

We took the week off from the house and all that needs to be done and I took the weekend to go to the cabin on Thursday.  It was cool in the afternoon so I had to have a fire in our new fireplace.  Cheetos and a Blue Moon and I was quite content.  Some of the ladies came over later in the evening to enjoy the fire, day drink a bit and just visit.  Really needed that.
It was honestly a weird weekend but I just enjoyed time away, lots of napping and watching TV.

Saturday I did paint, trying to get the mind in a better place and I think it helped.  The nephew asked if I could paint his dog and two cats and how much.  I told him absolutely no charge but not sure when I could get to them.  So with nothing else to do I started.  


It's only blocked in.  I will finish it next weekend and then begin his kitties.

The drive home was a bit eerie because I took the route I took exactly 2 weeks ago when the hospital called me to let me know Daddy was close to the end.  

I'm still fighting the unreal feeling that both my parents are gone.  I'm just not used to that yet and I miss both of them terribly.  I know Daddy drove us crazy sometimes but I loved him and miss him.

I just took in the scenery and reflected.

No comments: