Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What about sleeping in do you NOT understand!

Last night The Hubby suggested a glass of wine at Vintage 1740 Wine Bar and I vigorously nodded my head YES! We like to go there sometimes and enjoy visiting with each other. I suggested that we go to Ciao on Brookside for dinner as we have not tried it before, especially since he was only going to get a frozen stir-fry if we went home. We had mussels for an appetizer...yummy. I had mussels in New York for the first time and now several times since we have been home. My entree was the lobster ravioli and The Hubby had a steak with Gorgonzola cheese sauce. YIKES, that was the best fillet I have ever eaten. I almost wish I had reordered after tasting his. During the evening chit-chat I told The Hubby that I was going to sleep in and not go to my personal trainer. He looked at me and asked why not. I told him I could not sweat as the MRSA would be "irritated" by the sweat. He didn't miss a beat and told me I needed to walk then. Excuse, I'M NOT GOING TO EXERCISE BECAUSE THE SWEAT HURTS MY WOUND! He doesn't get it. I have a serious "wound" and it needs to heal. Besides I also need to heal my body with rest and SLEEP IN! Somehow that still didn't get through the brain so at 4:45 a.m. the TV/alarm went off and he was up. I barely heard it and dosed off to sleep, briefly. At about 4:55 a.m. the TV came on in the living room and was blaring with the history channel and then the VH1 Classic with 80's music. Tink, tink, tink goes the spoon as he is beating his instant oatmeal into a froth. I rolled over and turned off the bedroom TV and try to ignore the din from the other room when I hear him rinse his bowl out and then pad down the hall to his room/den and his computer started playing music from his playlists. He's in the process of cleaning out his duplicate music from the computer. So now we have the TV in the living room and his computer blaring music. THAT'S IT! I got up, threw on some lounge clothes and went into the living room as he was back there and railed at him. I told him I wanted to sleep. He told me to just go back to bed. I can't do that once my mind starts working, Good Grief! So I've already put brown beans in the crock pot with ham hocks, had two cups of coffee, read the paper, finished the crossword and the Sudoku and now I'm blogging, it's 7:25 a.m. DAMMIT! I really need to be in the shower anyway as we have started tearing out the entry bathroom and the workmen will be here in about 45 minutes. Today I need to look at wallpaper and we need to decide on the flooring and will have to have a sink cabinet made. It's a small remodel and I will have pic's when we are done.

Painting class today!


Lisa said...

what is it about sleeping in that people just dont get ?

grat post- am thinking about ravoli now- thanks for that !
lisa xx

Red from Ktown said...

Ouch...yeah, they just don't get it do they? (Husbands) Gosh, I never thought I'd say sleeping late would be 8 or 8:30, but lately, my age is catching up to me and that's my 'late day'. Although I must say I'm impressed that at 4:55 you actually do constructive things. Mine usually mean sit on the couch and catch up on some old Seinfelds or HGTV!

Debbie said...

It's that whole "If I'm up -everybody should be up" mentality.

Ahh said...

Debbie, that is exactly my dad (the hubby). Not envious at all momma! ;) I was up at 8:30 coughing up a lung....my sinus infection has moved to my chest.
I do however, like watching VH1 Classic in the mornings (especially with Daddy). But, I know how you feel!

Kay said...

Wow! What a start to the week! I sure hope you get some peace at your painting class.

Char said...

I will have to be careful about this as my new roommate (my brother) is a 3rd shift police officer.