Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Errand Day

Today was errand day. I had to run tons of errands to get ready for the big party. This morning I headed out at 5 am for Jazzercise then after the killing workout I headed home to ready for the day.

9 am: My first stop was a Mary Kay delivery then on to the tag office. I HATE going to the tag office and will drive south of town to go to one in particular because of the nice people and fast service. Fast was an understatement today. I was in and out, with check written, in less than 5 minutes. I couldn't believe it. I then had a head start on the day so I had time to go to a local garden center that was decked out for the season. A few more decorations to adorn the house and then on to get gas. I then headed for the mall to Coldwater Creek for a party outfit. I was also able to get a Christmas gift for my father as I ran through a store. I'm a fast shopper so I was in and out of the mall in less than 30 minutes and spent $400. I then headed for the stop I intended for the day in the first place. I had to go to the cemetery to see Mom's new marker. It was beautiful. Daddy had called on Thanksgiving from there sobbing that it was beautiful. Wow, I got a lot done and it was only 11 am.

11 am: I flew home to unload my car load of goodies and a quick sandwich before running to the office. On my way to the office I stopped by the New Balance shoe store for new workout shoes. It was a quick stop since I just told the salesman I wanted what I was wearing. In and out of that store in 5 minutes and then a quick run through the Williams Sonoma store. Finally, on to the office to open the mail and answer a few phone calls and pay a couple of bills.

2:30 pm and I hit the grocery store for dinner and stuff for the party, i.e. lemons, limes, Coke, olives...Then home again to drop off another load of stuff and marinate the steaks for dinner.

3:15 pm and I'm running to a strip center that has three stops I need to go to. The first is a stationary like store for Christmas napkins and a couple of stocking stuffers. Then two doors down to an agriculture store for bird food for the canary and parakeet. Then my final destination...yeah...my pedicure. 4:30 pm and I plopped down in the chair and closed my eyes while "S" did her magic.

5:30 pm and I back into the garage and began dinner, actually a quick steamed asparagus and sweet potato in the oven to go with the marinated steaks. Yum. Now here I sit typing away sharing my busy day.

No comments: