Wednesday, December 01, 2010

1,000 Post

The day has finally arrived, post number 1,000I can not believe it.  On June 28, 2006 (oddly a Wednesday too), I decided I would start a blog.  It was a hard day for me that day when I began tapping my fingers across the keyboard, typing my blog.  This blog became a friend for me.  It was/is a friend that has opened doors to many more friends across the world.  My blog, Jill of All Trades has allowed me to write my feelings out and work out some issues with the help others along with the experience of actual writing.  I thank all who have come by to visit me and leave a comment or two. It is inspiring and a wonderful pat on my back to be somewhat acknowledged.  Now to the ramble of the day for number 1,000.

Last night was the first of two dinner parties for us. Unfortunately, I did not get pictures except for the ...

flowers and the stain 
I will have to wash that. 

I know the flowers were springy but they fit in my great, great, grandmother's flower bowl perfectly.  I was tossed up on whether to do my Christmas dishes but they are gold and stars and fancy and the meal of beef bourguignon called for simpler settings.  The meal was awesome and the company too.  It turned out to be a wonderful evening and still I do it all over again next week! (Sorry for the bad photo.)
 
Now I believe I will give away a few goodies for this awesome occasion of post #1,000.  All you have to do is comment, simple and easy, which is my motto!  I would ask though that you please link it somehow to your blog, promote it, simple as the giveaway is.  Thanks to all of my readers and dear friends for being here these past 4+ years.  I will ship "ANYWHERE" so no fear to those who live far.

  Smelly good candle - Awesome CD of Elton John and Leon Russell (my fav guy) - Fav French Lavender body butter - and a couple of funny Christmas wine corks I just had to get.  See simple fun things.  So go ahead and please enter in this drawing to end in exactly 2 weeks, December 15 at midnight!

Here are the facts:
Comment
Link
Ship anywhere
Ends December 15 - Midnight!

16 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Congrats on your 1000th post. Don't stop now is all I ask.

Char said...

congratulations!!! :)

Kay said...

Congratulations! I'm still at 862. 1,000 is certainly a big accomplishment!

Nolita Morgan said...

I was getting ready to comment and saw the photo of your friend's dog (Annie). I had to click and was sad to see the story that accompanied the photo. I have 2 Cavis and I can't imagine life without them...so sorry to hear about Annie.

Congrats on making it to 1,000! Take care!

Kelly said...

1,000 posts = awesome. I found your blog through Okieblogs! From one Okie girl to another...Good Job!!
Oh, and I want to win :)
Kelly on the Bunderosa

Country Girl said...

Congrats on the 1,000th post, Carla. Those wine bottle stoppers are fun. And Leon Russell rocks.

Janie B said...

Wow! 1,000!!! I can't imagine ever getting that far. You rock!

Cindy said...

Congratulations!

Alli said...

Well done at #1,000! I'll add it to my post and tweet it too. :)

pam said...

Well done, a great achievement!!!!

Quirky Cafe said...

Wow! I hope I can follow your lead and start blogging again. It's so therapeutic. Congratulations! xx

Anonymous said...

1,000 posts? WOW... you go girl and congratulations.

Di

Territory Mom said...

Congrats, amazing job.

Flea said...

Oh snap! I could just drive over and pick up if I win. :) Dang but I hate shipping stuff.

How on earth did I miss number one thousand? Congratulations!!!

Kat said...

Congratulations on your 1000 post. What an accomplishment.

Flea said...

One of my favorite body butters is a lavender honey. Mmmm!