Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Retirement

Week one of retirement.  Honestly we haven't slowed down much.  He's been working hard to get the "now" rental units up to speed for showing to rent.  I go in every morning to do a bit of work, paying bills or making a deposit.  I've only been able to paint once so far and today will be the second time to attempt but I still have to leave to pick up Min.  They have a doctors appointment in OKC this morning so she will be with me till around 3-4 today.  

After the auction last week, in the wee hours of the early morning the next day we had some gremlins thinking they were going to get lucky.  The last employee/friend who came to the auction still has access to our cameras (he works on them for us.)   He was looking at the cameras over his morning Diet Pepsi when he saw an interloper in the compound.  Sure enough, about 3:30 in the morning behind the pole barn with some handy wire snips in two different places the fence was cut open.
I suspect whoever it was probably was at the auction and thought they would get lucky.  Well, he was dead wrong.  Most of the expensive stuff was already picked up and what was left was safely locked away in armed buildings.  IDIOTS!!!  Idiots that cost us over $800 to repair the fence and reposition the cameras.  Really pisses me off that someone wants to do this kind of work for what they think is an easy buck when in reality it's NOT AN EASY BUCK!  
Onward where my blood is not boiling.

Watched Min on Wednesday so they could make their weekly trip to OKC.  It was such a beautiful day so we played outside a bit.  Probably not a good idea with her horrible allergies but she will get used to it.  This kid loves to be outside.
Inside later we watched this guy on a PBS station paint.  I'm not too much of a fan of his but it will suffice till my soaps are on.  She seemed to be entranced by it all.  It was too cute.  
Later in the day of course we watched Jeopardy and I was amazed when she started singing the Jeopardy song.  I couldn't get my phone fast enough.  Too CUTE!

She sure is trying to be a big helper for her little brother.  It's very sweet.

Painting beginning...
I took the photo several years ago while we were in NYC for the Allied Artist show at the Salmagundi.  I snapped the photo and he quickly caught sight of me as I put the camera down trying to look innocent.  He just had a great look and I thought would make a great painting, someday.  Looks like it's SOMEDAY!  

No comments: