Monday, April 24, 2023

Grands and Alarms

Well, Good MORNING! Good Monday Morning.  

We are well into our second full week of retirement and it seems to be going well.  Last week he was struggling a bit.  He admitted to missing the guys, missing the rush rush of the day but NOT missing the grind of the out sick employees, the grumbling of the contractors, just the mess ups of the day.  He's lonely.  I've been in "the shop" - studio most everyday and that seems to help him.  What I do not miss is the alarm going off every morning.  It was my phone that had the alarm go off and at night now I actually turn my phone off.  We've been sleeping in till 6:30 or 7:30 every morning but when at the cabin, and when the temperatures FINALLY get warmer, I will be up earlier.  I love to catch the early morning in the summer, to listen to the birds start their morning.  Last night he had fallen asleep in his chair and came to bed about 1:30, of course making so much racket he woke me up. I hate that because I find it so hard to go back to sleep.  I was laying there just as he finally turned off his little night thing when I heard an owl.  Then again.  I decided to get up to go to the bathroom and it was closer.  I asked if he heard it when it was much louder.  He said he did.  There were two of them talking in our backyard. SO COOL!

I've been working on this little guy lately and will continue today.  It's coming along.
This weekend I had Snicklefritz for a couple of nights and we had a grand time.  I'm sure there will be a time when she will NOT want to stay with me so I soak up all I can get.  Her momma came over to take her home on Saturday, which she decided she was not going to do!  Her momma helped me to clean out the linen closet and to dig around in another closet for my high school class stuff.  We have a meeting this week and I could not put my hands on the main box of memorabilia.  I found a little bag but not this.  She found it under Christmas storage!  So happy to have it.
Also I started to clean out the bar area in the kitchen.  It has my special plates, napkins, silverware, candles, little salt/pepper shakers, etc., that kind of stuff.  I purged it and moved my cloth napkins into their own drawer.  Rethinking some of it and will tweek.  Also found these 50 birthday napkins probably leftover from either mine or Robert's 50th, many MANY years ago.  It's just in time because son-in-law #2 will turn 50 Wednesday.

While having Snicklefritz here she loves, absolutely LOVES to brush my hair, especially if I've just washed it and it's still wet. So we played with hairstyles.  
Mine has gotten so very long now and I'm trying to decide whether to continue growing it or chop it off again.  She was NO!  This kiddo loves to mess with my hair and I love it too.  We also played manicure and I did a very nice manicure job on her very long nails.  They were haphazardly filed and I evened them up and put a nice pink polish on them.  She was thrilled.  Her mother cannot stand to be anywhere near a file.
It was a fun weekend with beauty shop, painting with her and just hanging watching Jungle Book, The Lion King (the recent one) and more.  We chatted an brushed each others hair, ate mini Oreo's and three-way.  Love my grands!

No comments: