Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Painting Challenges

Today I thought I would talk art with a smattering of Max.

Trying to get some painting time in lately has been a great challenge.  I started this oil painting last week and this is about as far as I've gotten.  My studio partner, Linda, finally came in and we started talking and talking.  I haven't seen her since November so we had a lot to catch up on.  One interesting thing is she and another friend have gotten a workshop set up for April in Broken Arrow!!!  In fact, it's  Chantel Barber and I own one of her little paintings and have always admired her.  The thing is she is an acrylics artist and I'm not but I will try it.  That said, we signed up right then and there.  Sometimes I NEED a workshop to shift my mind and inspire me.  I think there will be another on in late summer or early fall with a young gun named Kyle Ma (sooooooo good!)  
Since the oil painting thing isn't happening much I decided to whip out the watercolors and colored pencils for a change, because they are fairly portable.
This one turned out really nice.  I started it early Sunday morning, like 6 am, sitting by the fire at the cabin.  Fun.

This one was colored pencils that my best friend from high school gave me for Christmas.  It inspired me to dig out my many boxes of colored pencils.

Now on to Mighty Max.  He's progressing well.  Today I believe they will do a small procedure to tack a part of his diaphragm.  This kind of wrinkle is not allowing his right lung to inflate properly and if they get this fixed then he will be weaned off the vent and onward to being held and eating from bottle or breast.

No comments: