Sunday, January 08, 2023

Max & Min Updates

He, Max, is four days old and has already been through a lot.  
While he is challenging the world I've been busy with Min and Christmas take down.  She has been my shadow for 7 days and I've totally loved it but boy am I tired.  There are reasons we have children while young.  It's non-stop 3 year old chatter.  Honestly she was pretty easy but you have to be on, always.  

On Friday one her momma's friends came and took her with her son to their Bouncing Beethoven's music class.  Then she took her back to their house for lunch, play time and a nap.  It was and gave me a much needed break.  Snicklefritz came over yesterday to spend the night and help keep Min busy.
Friday, before Min went to her day out she began helping me to finally take Christmas down.  These broken ornaments were NOT done by her, on no, they were totally my fault.  She was already gone and I was sitting on the couch wrapping ornaments for the box when I tipped the entire box over, face down and CRASH!  Well, just PHOOEY.  Well, I'm okay with it all.  Some were favorites but I can live with it.  

This photo was Min at her friends house.  This kiddo, every morning since she has been with me has awakened at 5:30 in the morning except for Saturday, which she slept in to 7:15.  So obviously she crashes as she did here just as they were to bring her home.  Poor kiddo.

We've really had a great time. 
We've played Candy Land, a 3 year old version.
We've painted...
and we've played on my IPad (sorry she figured out how to do my games.)
It has been a busy and emotionally draining week for all.  She is safely home with her Daddy and I will again be called up to cart her around to her various school things this week.  

Max is doing very well after his big surgery.  They still have to close him up the rest of the way but slowly to let the fluids not build up and wean him off some of the meds and the vent.  He is very strong and we are so hopeful he will be home sooner than later, until the next surgery in a few months.  

I almost forgot that I've revamped one of the guest bedrooms for Snicklefritz.  She had been in the front bedroom, they call it the pink room (formally my studio) but Min has kind of taken over that room and bed.  So I decided the green room need some spiffing up, some life.  All I did was start opening the curtains, new bed covering and some awesome pillow shams from Amazon.  She was so happy.

No comments: