Sunday, January 01, 2023

Happy "Flu" Year

 Happy "Flu" Year

Yes you read that right, flu.  Thursday morning I finally was in the studio and hoping to get some quality time in with my easel when I started feeling, off, just not well.  So I headed home for some lunch and a nap, a two hour nap.  Then again on Friday I got up feeling tired with a tinge of a headache.  I had to go to the office to do payroll then home for yet another epic nap.  As the day rolled on and The Hubby came home it was very clear I was sick and he was too.  I had fever, not bad, low grade but enough to feel like crap.  With my girls encouragement I decided to head to urgent care to get tested for the flu.  I have a huge job to do here in a few days and I NEED to be well to care for our little Min when she comes to stay while Max makes his entry into this world.  

Well, the urgent care said it would take walk-in's so I went in to see if I could get a flu test.  When I arrived there was a lady a few steps ahead of me walking in the door.  At the counter she asked the receptionist for a Covid test for work and another test she would not say out loud.  That had me curious but not my business.  The receptionist said there was only one appointment left at 7 which the non-sick lady took.  She left to return at 7 for her turn.  I stepped up to the window feeling like absolute crap and probably looking like it too.  I told the lady I needed a flu test and said I wish I had been in front of the previous patient.  The receptionist all of a sudden said, "we have a 7:30, would you like to wait."  "YES!"  

I sat down and I waited.  A few minutes before 7 the other lady walked back in for her appointment and all of a sudden they called my name!!! SCORE!  Short story, I have Type A Flu and they put me on Tamiflu and cough medicine.  

I came home to find The Hubby snoring in his chair.  He woke up to my entry and I told him I have the flu and that they said he needs to test too.  He got up yesterday morning and went in where he tested negative yet they still put him on Tamiflu because of me.  He is either too early or more over his than I am.  I suspect he's been sick for more days but because he NEVER STOPS for anything he didn't acknowledge it, possibly infecting others.  What sucks a BIG ONE here is that we both got our flu shots, something we religiously do every year.  The news peeps have been all about touting the effectiveness of the flu shots this year against the strains.  Obviously they are WRONG!  

So last night, New Year Eve, when I have traditionally hang with Snicklefritz, I was in my bed at 7:30 pm and he was yet again in his chair, snoring, not dancing.  Happy Flu Year.


This morning, because of all the sleep I was up at 4 am and The Hubby was not far behind.  Just too much SLEEP!  He fixed me breakfast of eggs, bacon, hash browns and biscuits.  While he was cooking I decided to get some stuff done.  My plans were to change my sheets, shower, do laundry, take Christmas down and put away.  I got as far as change sheets, take shower, start laundry before I was called to eat.  I was so exhausted from the exertion I could hardly eat, didn't even touch my biscuit.  So here I am again in my bedroom, sitting in my chair and trying to finish the laundry and then will rest for the rest of the day.  Whew, I have got to get my energy back to deal with a three year starting tomorrow!

No comments: