Thursday, October 27, 2022

Life With Grandkiddos

These two, oh how my heart bursts with love for these two.  This photo is one of my absolute favorites.   Snicklefritz is so grown up now and I remember her at 3, Min's age now.
I watched Snicklefritz from birth several times a week at the office  We had a great set up there to watch her and allow me to work too.  Then we moved offices to one with windows and lots of space for her to run and play.  She would sit on the windowsill and watch me paint and sometimes go to her own easel and paint with watercolors.  We have a very special bond.
Snicklefritz age 3

And now little Min is such a part of the mix.  I haven't watched her quite as much as I did Snicklefritz, so far.  Now with all the marathon doctor appointments her parents have had to make in OKC, I've been given the opportunity to spend lots of time with her.  We are forming a real bond now to the point that she was upset about something the other night and instead of seeking comfort with her parents she came to ME!  
She fights the nap with me but with a little scratch/rub of the back and she melts like a puddle.  

It was a truly wonderful feeling that we've clicked in that special area of Granny and granddaughter.  
Min age 3

Oh, I am tired, oh so tired, but it is a good tired, satisfying.  These two bring such joy into my life.  I find myself smiling a lot around them.  The relationships with each of them is very different and that is exciting.  My world is such a better place with them in it.  

I hope that I get to build a relationship with little Max too.  Still lots of prayers that the doctors are wrong a whole bunch, that it's not as bad as they predict, that they will err on the darker side but reality will be rosier.  

No comments: