Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Positive Wins

 

Good morning...yes that is me and yes I am positive, positive of mind, positive I love my life and family, and positive with COVID!  DAMMIT!!!!!

After 3 days of testing, third time was the charm.  Did I really think living in the house with a covid person that I would not get it, I wasn't that lucky.  Honestly it feels like a viral thing I usually get in the fall, in the back of my throat kind of thing.  I sound like Froggy from The Little Rascals.  Reminds me of B&B's wedding when I couldn't speak.  I think though I did have symptoms last Thursday like The Hubby but mine were not a scratchy throat or sniffle, that came later.  Mine were diarrhea and nausea.  And in fact those continued to yesterday.  Yesterday my tummy just hurt, hurt, hurt and I wanted to go to the little girls room badly but couldn't.  My tummy roiled and roiled, over and over and HURT!  Yesterday I ate a part of a bowl of soup and crackers for lunch, that is all I could handle.  Last night about 9 pm it finally stopped and I was hungry.  I ate a spoonful of peanut butter because I knew I would wake up in the middle of the night starving.  

The Hubby and I did a video chat with the PA in our doctors office and she prescribed Paxlovid for us and we started that yesterday too.  What I have to say about that is YUCK!  It leaves a strange taste in your mouth.  She said it would be metallic but is not what I would call it.  It doesn't last long after you take the pills, I can handle it.  So 5 days of paxlovid and the weekend we will head to the cabin where we will quarantine even more, but me to my beloved screened porch in 85+ temps!!!  I have threatened to go there this week because I noticed yesterday that it was getting warm in the house.  Yup, the A/C is on the fritz.  Great, JUST GREAT!!!  Since we are in construction we know peeps and called our guy who sent someone out but the guy hardly even wanted to walk up the driveway because we have covid.  He check stuff outside and pronounced it working.  Huh, really.  Last night the thermometer started it's way up, up, up and was at 77 degrees at bedtime.  Wonderful.  The Hubby went to the garage where the inside unit sits and opened the closet, which the guy would not do and low and behold the coil is frozen.  He turned it off for awhile to let it thaw and you could hear ice falling through the vents.  Back on and I slept pretty well but it was starting the freeze thing again.  That kid will HAVE to come back and if not I'm off to the cabin, back on Thursday or Friday to do payroll and invoicing.  Perfect timing.  

No comments: