Monday, April 11, 2022

Weekend Happenings

The weekend began fairly early Friday with me doing payroll and then off we went.  First stop was Grand Lake for The Hubby to do a bit of electrical work for a friend and his newly purchased house on the lake.  Little did I know I would nearly lose my breakfast on part of the drive.  There is a reason we do not have a place on Grand Lake as a good part of the houses are on BLUFFS!!!  EGAD, we drove and drove and finally got to the drive we were directed to and suddenly we were nearly straight up and down driving to his house on the bluff.  A panic attack was almost had by me.  I didn't even want to get out of the truck but managed to after I calmed down and went inside.  We ended up staying there for HOURS, and I mean hours.  I had my IPad and Kindle and read a bit.  There was little to no cellphone usage but I was okay with that, had to be.  I mostly sat as far from the window that looked out to space and water and waited as The Hubby and his friend fixed outlets, the microwave issue, etc.  It was much like in the early years as I watched him work on anything.  After awhile the friend fed us a sandwich at about 2:30 and then it was back to work.  They then went to the dock that was on a mechanical lift down to the water while I waited again.  I drifted off to sleep while they were gone, nearly an hour.  The wife was on her way from Tulsa so I was by myself and my thoughts for most of the day.  Finally she arrived and we visited a bit and then we were off to the cabin.  

The day was mostly cold and dreary so the drive was too, mostly.  They sun popped when we were nearly there and I was able to snap a few photos, hopefully to paint.  I love the clouds.



The weekend was pretty quiet as our crew we hang with were either in Portugal or just busy.  I did have a drink with Lesa Saturday afternoon before the big bonfire and weenie roast on the creek for the entire club.  The weather warmed up nicely and it was wonderful to see everyone.  Tons of peeps were in attendance, some I haven't talked to in probably a year at least.  We had yummy hotdogs, a bit of drink, enjoyed the creek and the fire and mostly the friendship.
Sadly, too soon we were headed back to Tulsa for at least 3 weeks.  Next weekend being Easter and other stuff happening. When we finally get back to the cabin I can't wait to hear from the travelers and their trip to Portugal.

No comments: