Sunday, April 03, 2022

Sunday Babble

It is Sunday morning, nearly 9 am and I am enjoying the quiet of home.  We stayed in town this weekend because he danced Friday night and last night we went to a dinner celebrating a friends retirement.  Friday night we were supposed to have sweet Snicklefritz spend the night, and she did come and have dinner with us and helped me bake oatmeal raisin cookies for The Hubby...but...  When she came in I could tell she was just not up to par.  She was quiet and you could tell in her eyes she was really tired.  She laid in the living room floor, wrapped up in a blanket and I thought she was going to sleep and this was before 5 o'clock.  I thought maybe it was because she was tired from a week of school, getting up early, etc.  She ate a big plate of 3-way and was back to the floor wrapped up in the blanket.  We began making the cookies and she said she had a sore throat and had it since the morning.  UH OH...I thought the throat looked a bit off and texted her momma to let her know.  There was no fever but I was not set up for a sick kiddo and still a bit afraid of any infection with the hip.  I thought, if she is sick then she might feel better hanging at home with Momma and Daddy.  I didn't have any meds for her to take.  So sadly I sent her home where she really didn't get much worse.  I should have kept her but you just never know when the wake up in the middle of the night fever would happen.  Next time for sure.  Miss that kiddo.  

Last night we went to the dinner for our friend.  I actually put makeup on, curled my hair and put on my nice cowboy boots I haven't worn in a couple of years.  The Hubby came home from a day at the gun show still very much obsessed with a knife he bought, etc.  I felt kind of pretty dolled up with makeup on and my hair curled and wearing my fancy cowboy boots I haven't worn in a couple of years.  He was absorbed in his laptop researching knives and what-not and I finally asked him if he was going to get ready soon as it was 4:15 and we were to be at the dinner at 5. He never looked at me as he got up to take his shower and asked if I was going to shower and get ready too.  WTF...This is why I call him Captain Obvious.  

Now on to other minutiae of my brain.  

The beautiful spring sun is shining through and it makes me very happy.  I actually slept in till 6:30 this morning, not usual for me.  I LOVE to get up and see the sun come up and feel the warmth (not yet) of the day beginning.  It rejuvenates me.  It also makes me want to spring clean like nobodies business.  I've been doing it a lot at the studio which has so needed it and I can now.  Here at the house I've been purging my recipes and now that's done I've started pulling books off of the shelves to get rid of.  Some I had planned to read but just never got around to it and now don't interest me.  B has gone through some of them and read them encouraging me to give them another try.  I'm still going to purge ones I have read.  This morning I actually made a list of stuff I need to do around the house, today and this spring.  

Today I am going to clean Frenchie's cage (my parakeet), put the recipe stuff up, go through some music that is a pile 3' high (some mine, mother's and my grandmothers) and A will go through it too.  She had actually planned on doing that yesterday but granddaughter #2 is sick also, probably croup.  Poor baby sounds horrible.  

I started a spring cleaning to do list for later:  purge dishes (i.e. Christmas dishes, extra Desert Rose dishes, baking dishes, just kitchen crap in general.)  My closet of shoes, clothes I just squeeze into and the faded old stuff that is disintegrating every time I wash them.  

No comments: