Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Where Oh Where Has My Summer Gone

 Have I EVER written how much I hate, HATE winter!!!  I bring to you SPRING/SUMMER in Oklahoma, my favorite time of year. 

This morning here is ice, a thin sheet of ice everywhere and it has been that way since Monday.  Plus the temperatures are more than below freezing and have been all week long.  Surprisingly, I am not feeling the cold as much this year and that is weird.

I did go to the office yesterday, but today, NOT BUDGING!  I'm supposed to get a pedicure today but again, NOT BUDGING!

This is what I dream of, bare feet, sitting on my wonderful screened porch, listening to the birds and feeling the warmth of the day.


Speaking of getting a pedicure...I almost forgot this little tidbit on my brand new car, just barely a year old.  Monday I went to lunch with The Hubby leaving my car at the office.  When we returned we were pulling up and noticed our youngest in her car next to mine.  She was talking to her hubby telling him about "my car!"  When she pulled up she noticed a huge scrape on my lower back left side panel.  It was very low and I never even saw it before.  There was scraped black paint on my car, someone had HIT MY CAR!  There is no telling when it happened and I know of only two places it could have happened, at the studio and where I get my nails done.  I never get out and go into any store except those two places.  The office is secure, in a gated parking lot with mostly only our guys.  The studio is a possibility but more than likely it happened where I get my pedicure.  The parking there is dicey and they are next door to a medical marijuana place.  Plus several of the clients of the pedicure place are extremely elderly and have rather large cars...AND CAN'T PARK WORTH A WHIT!  I can almost guarantee that is where it happened.  Well, The Hubby and I jumped into my car and ran down the street where our body guy is (we have a lot of vehicles) to get an estimate, $850 to repair my car.  I haven't had my first oil change yet because I haven't been able to put even close to 5,000 miles on the thing.  Pisses me off to no end but it is what it is.

I am SOoooooo over Winter this week.  It wouldn't be so bad IF I had my paint brushes but I took them to the studio because I needed my newer brushes there.  Now I have nothing to paint with.  CRAP!

I guess I could clean out my pantry, but I really don't want to do that.  I could work on purging my cookbooks and maybe I will.  Or, maybe I'll just read a book.  Oh gosh, I hate being cooped up here without being able to paint.  

Speaking of good books, I just finished one for my book club (we zoom) called "The Book Woman of Troublesome Creek" by Kim Michele Richardson.  What a great book.  My mother would have loved this book.  I think it's classified as historical fiction about the Kentucky Pack Horse Library service in the 1930's and the Blue's of Kentucky.  Look the blue people of Kentucky up, talk about interesting.  I mean the ending was a bit predictable but it was a really good read.  

No comments: