Saturday, March 21, 2020

Keeping Busy

In this pandemic crisis where we are all confined it may truly be hard on some people who are used to going and interacting with people or places.  I get it, I understand.  Plus you are probably cooped up with loved ones and they will start to grate on your nerves.  My advice on that part is separate rooms at times or corners.  Silence maybe.  We are lucky here because we have an office/shop where The Hubby can go or we have our lake place.  He can go and tinker and piddle like he needs.  He's one of those who cannot sit still but he has projects, lots of projects that keep him busy.  
" Sunflower Envy"  11x14 oil
I find solace sitting at home either painting, reading, napping, or if the weather is good sitting outside and soaking up the rays.  This week we've had a lot of rain so I opted to sit at my kitchen table with the sliding door open and listen to the rain as I created.  I could go to my studio as that is isolated but I just wanted to stay put, and I did.  The Hubby even decided to head to the cabin this weekend but I thought it best he go and I stay here and enjoy my time by myself.  Not everyone has options like we have here in our household. 

It's nice to get lost in a book or a movie where you can forget all that is going on in the world right now.  It's actually extremely healthy to take your mind away from all of that.  Lately I've actually been on the verge of panic attacks and I DON'T have those but I can sense my breathing getting shallow, my heart beating harder, my blood pressure going up.  I take deep breaths and do those things that take my mind off of it all, stay busy.
"Little Blue Bird" 8x10 oil
I will not lie I am scared.  I wake up every morning and my first thought is Covid 19.  I do NOT want to get sick and I don't want my family to get sick.  What I'm more afraid of right now is the panic, the hoarding, the fear of no money, no work and the panic that is starting to bubble for some people.  Our kiddos in California are terrified and I want to assure them to stay calm.  It's a day by day thing but they may be coming here to stay at some point.  Don't get me wrong I would love to have them in T-town, permanently but not this fast, not this way.  

So I will continue my mostly stay alone times with painting, reading and some work at the office, by myself.  Take care of yourselves and BRING ON THE OKLAHOMA SUMMER!  

No comments: