Tuesday, March 17, 2020

Coronavirus

Coronavirus...wish I had NEVER heard of this damn virus.  It is very scary if you watch non-stop the media; i.e. Facebook, television...

My girls are in an absolute panic and are terrified for themselves, their families, and The Hubby and myself, as we are in the age bracket that is higher risk  Especially me since I've had pneumonia a couple of times.  And frankly, I'm afraid too, but the media is making it so totally worse.  Yes, I know it's bad, I know, I KNOW!  But non-stop coverage is making everyone crazy and on edge, and my stomach is in knots.  I can't imagine what my girls are feeling.  I hate to tell them but I HAVE to go to my father's and pay his bills and check on him.  My siblings will do their part too but they ALL are extremely high risk with COPD and my father is 84 years old (my mother-in-law is 93.)  I'm probably the healthiest of us.

How I manage this no-contact, isolation thing, which I do most of the time anyway is:
I order groceries online.  I pull up to the store, call their number, they come out with my groceries, load them in my trunk, close the lid and I'm off to the house.  

Work, I'm in an office that is mostly me, The Hubby and our daughter.  We have employees but they rarely come in when I'm there.  

My art studio and studio partner are rarely in their together and lately she's been gone a lot.  Plus, we both have our separate rooms.  

Honestly, I've been practicing this sort of isolation thing for at least a couple of years, especially with the flu stuff.  

But, for now, I've got food, lots of books to read and will go to the studio to paint or bring it home if I need.  I've canceled a lot of my usual stuff, dental cleaning, book club, luncheons...

I'm good with being home but at some point life will have to go on as people will need to make money to eat, pay their bills, take care of life as we know it.  We need to put the remote down for a bit and only watch like the morning news or evening and then stop, STOP!  Just do what you need and this will pass.  

No comments: