Sunday, December 22, 2019

'Twas The Week Before Christmas...

'Twas the week before Christmas and all through the house...
OH, losing that week between Christmas and Thanksgiving I feel like I can't seem to catch up, but there's always time for a little Nutcracker.  I won four tickets in a charity auction and thought it would be perfect for a girls event.  Of course I had to take Snicklefritz and her momma and my dear 92 year old mother-in-law.   
It was a matinee performance so lunch before was the plan.  My MIL lives in an assisted living (actually hers is independent living) and recently gave up her car!  She was so excited to get out and see other people and other places.  We picked her up and took the long way downtown via Riverside Drive and by The Gathering Place.  She kept remembering so many places that are long gone.  Lunch was a different place for her too as Snicklefritz and her momma like to go to Yokozuna, a sushi place.  I wasn't worried but my MIL said she didn't want to eat anything raw.  I assured her there were plenty of options that weren't raw.  She had miso soup, pork spring roll (cough and sputtered with a huge dab of chili sauce), a piece of a veggie roll, edamame and banana split.  Didn't complain and ate right up.   

It was a fantastic day and I know that her being 92 there won't be that many opportunities to share with her and the generations.  

Last weekend Snicklefritz stayed all weekend and we went went out to dinner to the Celebrity Club for the third year in a row.  We wrapped presents, finished decorating the Christmas tree and made fruitcake.   I posted it on Facebook and my page blew up with interest and people wanting the recipe.  I even had people wanting to buy the cake (hmmmm, business opportunity!)  I gave the cake to many and the recipe too.  I even turned fruitcake haters into lovers to those who sampled it.  It will truly change your mind about fruitcake, guaranteed.

Since it was the end of the year and bonus time it was also time for sharing a little Christmas food (Olive Garden) with our faithful employees.  We have a fantastic crew that makes our business hum like a well oiled machine.  

Of course I can't close out the final post for the year...maybe final post...without sharing this sweet little dumpling.  Her father took this picture and it is without a doubt a beautiful Christmas card picture.  

"While visions of sugar plums danced in their heads..."

To all my bloggy friends, Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!


No comments: