Thursday, December 26, 2019

My Year In Review...

What a huge year we've all had around here.  I guess first things first, the new granddaughter.  Oh my what a blessing.  I was there for the birth and that absolutely made my life.  It was truly magical.  And to be able to be there for the birth I had to conquer a fear and FLY BY MYSELF!  That was such a big thing for me but I knew I had to do it and I can't wait to go again.


The little miss is now 3 months old and I cannot believe how time flies.  She is growing like a weed. 
This weekend they will fly into town so everyone else in the family and friends will get to meet the new addition.  Plus I will be able to get a photo of both of my beautiful granddaughters, TOGETHER!  I'm truly blessed.  
It's been a busy year with work and my new profession, art.  I've taken a couple of workshops and continued to enter in some national shows.  One of my goals was to finally be juried into one and guess what, it happened twice!  

My "Morning Glories" juried into the Allied Artist show that was held in the Salmangundi Club!  THAT was a big deal.  Then... 
I found out that "Pink Is The New Black" juried into the Arkansas national show.   
Of course I didn't win anything but getting in was awesome and gets my name out there.  

I then started on a self-portrait path.  It's still there but my drive has slowed down on it.  I'm hoping to get them finished by September for a show in the Broken Arrow Historical Museum.  








On a sad note was the passing of one of our dear art friends, Charlotte.  It was sudden and a huge shock that rocked everyone's world, including mine.  She was a mother figure and a friend so it hit me on all sides, taking me to memories of Gail dying and my mother.  So to help with the saddness I again turned to my art that pulled me out out of the darkness once before.   

" Remembering Charlotte"

Now Christmas is here and the New Year is upon us, 2020.  Hard to believe it's going to be 2020.  Boggles the mind for sure.  It's been a really nice quiet Christmas season, although rushed and busy, yet calm.  The Hubby and I really didn't buy anything for each other, we never really do but I did get him a book and a sweater.  He got me a new fireplace built in the screened porch at the cabin that I've been wanting for years.  Plus I'm getting a new car this next week when it arrives.  He was concerned that I didn't have anything under the tree to unwrap but I told him that was okay, but I would like to have a new parakeet.  He went shopping and we now have Frenchie in our living room entertaining us.  Plus he did have a card under the tree for me.  OMG, I almost cried, it was truly beautiful and today I got flowers for no reason.  He is really a thoughtful guy, most of the time...LOL...
Next month we celebrate 44 years of marriage...WOW! 


No comments: