Saturday, November 28, 2015

The Day After Black Friday

Good Saturday After Thanksgiving!  Did you do the Black Friday thing?  I certainly didn't.  I stayed ensconced in my nice dry and warm home as it has been raining and raining and raining, and it's cold.  I spent the day cleaning up the rest of the Thanksgiving bash that was here and then....I went to the guest room closet and pulled out Christmas!  Last year I decided that we were not going to haul all the stuff up to the attic and cleaned out the closet to store it.  What an easy day it made for me to set up the tree.  So the rest of the day I put up my tree, just in time for Snicklefritz to see it because she came to spend the night.  
It's wasn't with out a few broken ornaments though.  I haven't taken a picture of the finished tree but this will do.  It was a great feeling to get it done. 

While doing all the clean up and decorate I also put a big pot of brown beans and ham on the stove to simmer all day.  This cold dreary weather is just calling for beans and cornbread.  It was quite delicious although Snicklefritz opted for PB&J for her dinner.

2 comments:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I never do the Black Friday thing but was forced to this year. I started to use the microwave and it made a very ugly sound and was not heating. Luckily I was able to buy another one with the same dimensions so I could use the same trim kit as the original.

Michelle said...

No Black Friday for me. I don't have the patience nor inclination for it. I spent the day at home with a cozy fire. My kind of thing.