Tuesday, August 19, 2008

A Tale of Sandy the Yorkie

This morning has already been exciting and it is only 7:31 a.m. This is the tale of Sandy the Yorkie who I had never met before. I left Jazzercise early because of the previous post and was driving down Harvard and at about 65th as I was driving north I saw what looked like a rabbit slowly start to cross the road in front of me. I slowed down so as not to hit whatever it was and discovered it was a little dog although I couldn't tell what kind at that point. I stopped and so did the many cars behind me, put my flashers on, jumped out and picked up the little thing. It would surly have been hit if I had not pick it up and in hind sight I really could have had a horrible accident myself but things just happened. I jumped in my car and pulled into the neighborhood hoping to find the owner. Fortunately the little guy had tags, the vet, his rabies city tag and his name with the owners phone number, which they didn't answer. I saw a couple of ladies outside their homes and tried to see if they recognized Sandy but neither did. One lady I was lucky enough to visit with happened to volunteer with ASPCA and tried to help. Finally I decided to take Sandy to his vet since I was having no luck in the neighborhood. Little Sandy was an older tiny Yorkie with only one eye and just adorable. I found the vet that was close and waited till someone showed up. It was 7 am and there were no hours posted on the door so I waited. Next door was a doggie daycare place and I went in there at about 7:15 and asked the hours of the vet and if they recognized Sandy. About that time a vet tech pulled up and the doggie daycare lady said there you go. I hurriedly marched across the parking lot with Sandy in my arms and told the girl my story and she looked at the dog and said, "that's Sandy XXX." Finally I found his pseudo-home. She took him and I knew I had done my good deed for the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's awesome that you would go to all that work for a pup! Way to go! Kudos!