Sunday, April 07, 2024

Weekend Fun

Weekend fun.  Yes we headed off to the cabin after being away for a few weeks.  Just lots of stuff going on so I told him I wanted to go on Thursday after my art opening.  Frankly, the art opening, we left early because I did NOT want to run into my best friend.  My best friend that I don't consider a best friend and haven't even spoken to in probably 9 months.  So it just is what it is.
We had a nice weekend.  We left Thursday and hit the I Don't Care Bar and Grill for dinner on the way.  It was late for us and dinner, 7:15 but that was totally okay.
That meant we were on the road at dusk and it was absolutely beautiful.

Woke up Friday morning and thought I would sit on the porch with a fire but BRRRRR, just too nippy for me on Friday, but....
Saturday AM I was there and built a wonderful fire and enjoyed watching my feeders absolutely loaded with goldfinches.  

Saturday evening we hosted a few for fried fish.  We used up the last of the stripers and hybrids that were in our freezer.  I made potato salad and coleslaw and opened a couple cans of his MUST HAVE pork and beans.  There was hardly anything left, so the food was great and the conversation was a hoot.  We had such a great evening on the porch with a fire with great friends.  

Sadly it was time to head home this morning because of meetings and meeting cable peeps (since been canceled) first thing Monday.
I've got to work first thing on some reunion stuff for a meeting Monday evening, go to a meeting and will probably be driving home during the eclipse.  I'm all good.
Hoping Tuesday to get back to the easel, probably after go to the accountant to pick up taxes, FINALLY!  
Hope everyone has a great week and watch your eyes tomorrow!

No comments: