Monday, January 01, 2024

Happy New Year - 2024

Rang in the year with Snicklefritz.  Last year we missed hanging because The Hubby and I had the nasty flu, this year, all good and healthy!  She and I watched Harry Potter, played several games of her new Uno game and had glasses of sparkling grape juice.  I'm a light weight because we both hit the bed at 11, ringing in the new year with the TV and NYC.  She was okay with that because she seemed tired too.  

Of course I was up early, as usual but it was the quiet time I like to journal and just be alone.  
It was time to start my new journal of the year.  Last year I went through 3 of them with all that happened.  It was an epic year.

Later I started the dismantling of Christmas and was ready to have her help when she woke up.  She's always such a huge help for me.
These ornaments are my prize collection.  For years now I've worked on them and so far I have 82.  I am very careful packing them away, wrapping them in tissue and they stay in the top box, my legacy to my girls.  We got it all cleared out and even had time to start a new jigsaw puzzle before her momma had to get her.  She will be back tomorrow though.  

Later for dinner we enjoyed steaks, a gift for Christmas from friends and black eye peas, my favorite.

No comments: