Friday, January 12, 2024

Changing Habits

You see that beast. It stares at me every single morning and has for YEARS! I decided to make some more changes in my life:

- Watch my carbs (you need some for brain health and energy)
- give up diet soda (an occasional one, I mean maybe 3 a year!)
- watch fast food consumption (sometimes it’s the only option and totally acceptable-no judgement)
- Cooking healthier at home (you’ve seen some of my posts!)
- Adding some bone strength health workouts via @osteostrongtulsa
- AND utilizing the Beast
So far I’ve managed riding the Beast 9 times in 2024, starting at a mile, then 1-1/2 and today 2 miles. Several years ago I was doing 5 miles at least twice a week. So I’m setting a goal to work up to that again. There was a time I was doing Jazzercise 5 times a week, 5 miles twice a week on the bike and walking 5k once a week (or so.) My knee had a miniscus tear and cartilage pieces floating around so it stopped me dead in my tracks. Then the dang hip. It’s time to TAKE CONTROL over all of it.

No comments: