Thursday, September 28, 2023

The Beauty Around Us

Good morning.  Here it is the end of September and fall is in the air but the flowers are still quite vibrant as the temps are still high.  I'm quite okay with that as I so love summer.  Fall is definitely in the air as you can see it, especially when we drive to the cabin and look off in the distance.  The hills of green are now speckled with gold, bronze, orange and yellow as the leaves of the trees are dying and will soon litter the ground.  I was sitting in the back yard yesterday afternoon and looked over at one of the pots of flowers that The Hubby planted.  This beauty is called blue plumbago and has quickly become one of my favorites.  I would love to paint it but I'm not sure I could do it justice.  The neon blue of the flowers just makes my heart sing.  

It's amazing what you see in the world when you open you eyes and really pay attention to the little things around you.


Today, and the next couple of days I'm staying put at the house and will be serenaded by the sound of roof scrapers and nail guns.  Yup, we are getting a new roof and my car will be stuck inside as I do not plan on moving my car while there will be roofing nails everywhere.  I'm sure it will be quite noisy but I have my ear buds and will listen to a book in the mornings and soaps in the afternoon.  It will be nothing as I'm used to The Hubby making all kinds of noises, either on the roof or the power washer, just whatever he chooses to occupy his time with.  

I've been in the studio a bit this week and Monday I decided to try my hand at this photo I took on Saturday afternoon before our family arrived for burgers and birthday celebrations.  




Wanted to share the most recent video of our heart warrior Mighty Max.  He is doing so very well and can't wait for his next milestone.


No comments: