Tuesday, April 07, 2020

Captive Life

Day a million of isolation.  I don't want to know the real count cause that may make me NUTS!  I'm still painting at home but plan on transitioning back to the studio next week.  The light is just better.  Although if I have to use the bathroom, I will go home as our bathroom is utilized by the entire building!!! YIKES!  So will paint a bit then bathroom break.  HaHaHa...

I've been to the office a few times to keep up with everything.  I had to get the quarter end stuff to the accountant today but that was easy.  I walked into their front entry where there was a table to drop stuff off.  Easy-peasy.  I went to the post office and the bank drive-thru where I clorox wiped the devil out of the container before and after I touched.  I ordered boos from the liquor store by phone with payment and 20 minutes later I pulled up, opened the trunk, called them and they put it in my car and off I went on my merry way.  I ordered groceries this morning that will be delivered tomorrow morning.  

The grocery store thing has been sometimes a bit of a challenge.  My usual store, Reasor's where I've been ordering groceries online for at least a couple of years I find it extremely hard to find a time to pick up.  The slots are always full so I looked for different options.  Around here we have Shipt and Instacart and on Amazon I can order from Whole Foods and they will deliver to my door but they only have a few things I usually use.  You can't get like Cascade for the dishwasher or Tide for clothes washing.  So I started using Shipt and I really like it.  If it's over a certain amount then the delivery is free and the next time you log on you can tip the delivery person and I tip well!!!  Plus they will text when they are going to the store and text while in the store to check on the stuff you wanted that may not be there, and will substitute but only if you okay it first.  Then they text to see if there is anything else you need to add to your list.  They text when checking out and on the way to your house.  And finally text when they deliver. So super fantastic.  I haven't used Instacart yet.  Shipt does Reasor's, our local store and Instacart does Sprouts and Fresh Market here in town.  There are tons of options for all of this and I'm not unhappy about it.  Oh and Shipt you can continue adding to your order pretty close to before they start shopping.  I HATE going to the store and the only thing I really need to go for is for meats and possibly veggies but really that hasn't been a problem so far.  This has been my "new normal" for awhile and will continue to be long after this pandemic thing has died down.

I finished these lovely sunflowers yesterday and posted them on Facebook on various art pages and the response has never ever been this huge.  Does a lot for the ego.  
Image may contain: flower, plant, nature and outdoor
"Isolation Sunflowers"  11x14 oil on linen
Plus I'm continuing on with my writing letters and small notes to friends, old and new to just reach out during this pandemic and crisis in our world.  I want to let them know they are thought of fondly with love and care.  Just a few a day but I will continue


Hope all are well during this time and continue to be.
Image may contain: indoor







No comments: