Wednesday, December 07, 2016

Baking 101, Or Maybe Not

Yesterday was supposed to be an art class day but as I wrote a couple of days ago it instead became a work day.  I had so much mail to open and piles of just crap I needed to go through after being absent for 3 days.  I knew it was going to be a long day with a break in the middle to attend a luncheon with some of those art buddies.  Finally leaving the office I had to go to the bank, the post office and finally the grocery store.  Snicklefritz was going to spend the night so I needed to get food and stuff to bake.  My plan was and is for her and I to bake today, mainly cookies and my famous fruitcake.  Back and forth through the store I loaded up on flour, sugar, butter, and pecans, you know the usual baking stuff.  BUT, when it came time to find the candied red cherries and candied pineapple I was up and down the aisles so many times I was getting angry trying to find said products.  Finally I found someone to help me and she directed me to an end cap at the back of the store, at the top, a tiny little boxed area where there about 10 containers of citron (YUCK)  and green cherries, obviously a hold over from what didn't sell last year.  WHAT THE *****!!!!  I was not happy and I told anyone who would listen to me.  Totally messed up my plans to bake fruitcake with Snicklefritz.  I DO NOT have time to go traipsing around town to different grocery stores looking for candied cherries and pineapple.  Really REALLY made me mad.  Then this morning I was awake at 4 AM...yes 4 AM!  I thought I would look on Amazon, and guess what, Friday my candied cherries and pineapple will be delivered in time for her and I to make fruitcake as she is spending the night again!  I am STOKED!  


The downside this morning of me being awake at 4 am is that Snicklefritz is up at 5:37!  
😞😞😞😞😞😞😞

No comments: