Sunday, July 17, 2016

Weekend with Snicklefritz

 Life this weekend is with a 3-1/2 year old and their black lab and it couldn't be better.  Snicklefritz's mommy and daddy aka B&B2 are attending Woodyfest in Okemah, in that celebration and to celebrate 10 years of when they first met.  We have had a fantastic time and I'm sure they have too.  Snicklefritz loves to spend time in my room with my art supplies and I love to share.  I painted, watercolor and colored pencil this little gem and she fell in love with it.  She asked if she could take it home and I said, "Certainly!"  I attended a bachelorette party on Thursday and took pics of some of the flowers that abounded and this was one.  

We've only had one tiny spat and it was at dinner time after NOT having a nap.  She started to go full-tilt unwound when I ACCIDENTALLY took the straw off her chocolate milk her parents brought her.  Wow, I immediately looked her in the eyes and said, "We DO NOT allow whining like that in Granny's house." Man, she welled up and put her hands over her eyes and tears were a flowing but not sobbing.  I think I hit a nerve and it did not escalate at all.  I hugged her, told her I was sorry about her straw and that it was an accident, that I didn't know.  She was okay after that.  She finished the straw process, ate her meal and was a delight after that.  WHEW!  




No comments: