Sunday, April 26, 2015

Workshop Time

The past three days I have attended a fabulous workshop hosted by Rachel Wimpey from Willowbrush Studio and Gallery.  It was the first where she brought in an artist and I must say it was a 10!  She got Charles Ewing to come and spend time with us.  Wow what a fabulous guy and instructor.  He charges usually $300 a day and I think that is all we paid for 3 days.  It was well worth the money.  
It was magic watching him create using a totally new medium, india ink.  I am not going to go out and buy the stuff as I'm happy with what I do but it was awesome to watch. 
The next day we watched him paint this mountain guy with oils.  Charles had all kinds of photos we could paint from, photos he took.  My he has met some very interesting people over the years.  This guy was a true mountain man from Colorado. 
I almost always choose to paint from my photos or my girls.  

This photo is of my oldest when she was in college.  I've always found it beautiful and wanted to paint but not sure if I could.  
Well, there you go...I did it!
The final day, yesterday we had a live model.  One of the ladies that we paint with a lot was terrified.  We tried to tell her to do it more often, that the nerves would pass and it would be come easier.  She finally gave up.  I have a lot more to do on her but I love what I have done so far.  

This will be the last workshop for a bit as I recuperative from surgery.  My scheduled date is May 5.  I'm told that it is hard and recovery will definitely be about 6-8 weeks.  I certainly hope not.  I do not have time for down time.  I need to paint, work and watch snickle-fritz.

1 comment:

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

It has been great watching you work at getting better at painting. It looked like a great workshop.