Monday, February 05, 2024

ER Run and Squirrel Fight

Yesterday was interesting.  You see The Hubby has an issue and that issue had us spending half of yesterday in the ER at the hospital.  It all started in the middle of the night Thursday.  The next day he got into our regular doctor, actually the PA in the office (trust me she is better.)  He has an UTI and came home with an antibiotic and to drink fluids.  He hasn't been too hungry and was hesitant to drink fluids, i.e. cranberry juice, because it would make him pee more and that was PAINFUL!  By Friday night I was ready to take him to the hospital to the point I called his doctor.  He SCARED THE HELL OUT OF ME!!!  His symptoms finally settled down and he slept peacefully through the night and Saturday.  We had Snicklefritz over to spend the night (she was supposed to come Friday night) and she and I had a great evening playing UNO, Cube Story, and watched most of Return of The Jedi, which I've never seen.  Sunday morning I got up early, as usual, and went into the kitchen to fix my coffee.  Oh, and he has slept in his chair since Thursday night.  He woke up and told me he needed to talk to me.  Okay, SCARED!  He said he wanted to go to the ER.  Sure, well, I got dressed, got Snicklefritz up, fixed her breakfast, dropped her at her house and then we were off to the hospital.  We went to the one location in south Tulsa, via the instructions from our doctor's office and got right in.  Honestly we only were in there about 4 hours.  Not much changed in what he is doing except that they put in a catheter.....TO GO HOME WITH!  Yikes, well, okay.  He has GOT to get into his urologist today and I hope it can come out.  I'm a bit anxious as to why he has this thing and does it have something to do with his enlarged prostate or cancer.  My mind is just whirring, making me nuts.  I NEED to paint or something to get my mind in a better place than worry and going off the deep end.  

Funny thing yesterday is when I left his cubicle/room to go to the ladies room, I came out and started down the hall to see in the room next to him a familiar face waving to me.  It was one of my art friends!  I went in and we chatted.  Jan has, I believe 4 huge dogs, 3 or 4 cats and is a local wild bird rehabber.  She has an aviary in her backyard.  Yesterday she had just stepped out of the shower and they had let the dogs out when they went after a squirrel, fighting over it.  She ran out naked, and got it away from the dogs, grabbing it around the belly part and it turned and bit both of her hands, fingers, to the bone.  She wanted to save it.  That's the person she is but I would have just let things happen, I think.  Anyway she ended up getting a tetanus shot and antibiotics.  They talked about a rabies shot but I'm guessing she didn't want that.  Wow.  FYI, squirrel bit the dust.

No comments: