Monday, August 14, 2023

Weekend of Fun, Week of "Here We Go Again!"

 We scooted off to the cabin this weekend for more R&R and a bit of friend time.  Our little group was sparse but Lesa was there to do the chit-chat Saturday evening along with her hubby.  We were thrilled by the rain on the roof all weekend and even last night here at home.  
Art, oh how I love creating art.  The drawing group is going to have to be put on hold for at least a couple of weeks (hope it's not 3!)  Today begins my stretch of watching Min full time again.  Little Max is supposed to have his next surgery Friday as he has outgrown the shunt that was put in the previous surgery in January.  It is just time.  He's been in the hospital since I think June 8 when all HELL broke loose for his family.  Honestly, I've only seen her twice since then as their parents have been taking turns being back in town with her, which I must say was a welcome respite from it all.  It allowed me to finally get rested and well.  Last week was the turning point for me with the glands in my throat to finally settle down and recede in their swollenness! I'm so thankful for a full nights sleep without pain and not taking Tylenol forever.  I actually had someone say to me that maybe it was all in my head.  Don't mind telling you I was pissed by that statement as it was not in my head, the pain was quite real.  Oh well, onward to the task at hand today.  THANKFULLY little Min got her cast off last Friday but I'm not sure she is using the leg yet.  I don't blame her it is scary to start walking again after a cast has been taken off.  With me I had a walking cast so I was used to walking again, she is not.  It is still green in healing so she does still have to be careful.  Not sure I can carry her around all day long though, she's nearly 4 years old and my back is 67 years old!!!

Hopefully, HOPEFULLY I will be able to go to the studio and paint but not sure at this point.  With her around it's kind of iffy.  You know when Snicklefritz was young she would either paint at her easel or sit in a chair or windowsill and watch me endlessly.  She loved to watch me and still does.  Min is a different story.  She wants to touch and be in the middle of it all, different child for sure.  I'm hoping on Wednesday to get back to this little jewel I've been working on.  I'm taking my time trying to make it happen.  In fact, this is my second attempt at painting it.  It's bigger of course with her smelling roses and holding a Victorian lace parasol.  Definitely a challenge, a challenge I'm willing to try.  Hard to do with a 3 year old in the mix.  

Have to tell you I'm extremely apprehensive about the week and how long it will be having Min with us.  This week alone I have something every night so I've already canceled two of them, mainly because The Hubby won't be here to watch her either.  I'm hoping to make it to my book club because he dances that night and I've asked B to come but Snicklefritz's first day of school is Thursday and they have a ritual of the night before school starting.  Lesa said she could watch her and I may take her up on that at this point.  I'm only gone a couple of hours and frankly The Hubby could watch her an hour of that time.  I'll make it happen.  IF the doctors DON'T do the surgery on Friday and want to wait a bit longer then I'm going to have to insist that one parent come home to care for her.  The long term thing I can do just so long before I cry "UNCLE!"  It's just too much on me.  There comes a time when you realize you are too old for this kind of thing.  

No comments: