Wednesday, November 04, 2020

It's Wednesday!

Good morning.  It's a fine Wednesday morning.  The sun is shining, the world is still spinning, my world has not changed.  Finally, FINALLY this damn election is over, yet not quite over.  They are still tabulating and that's fine.  I'm good either way the vote goes because I cast my vote, not saying which way because it's none of anyone's business but mine.  Life will go on no matter the outcome.  We will adapt with whatever person is in charge like we have done for how many years.  Life will march on.  I will continue to paint, to play with my granddaughters, work, sleep, eat (way too much), but life will carry on.  

So our youngest daughter, her husband and baby Min have all three contracted Covid.  We were all actually exposed but luckily the oldest daughter and her family, The Hubby and myself have all tested negative (some twice) and we've also been in quarantine 17 days and are quite healthy.  The son-in-law and baby Min got sick first and Af tested negative at first and didn't show symptoms at all and we assumed she was asymptomatic, we were sadly very wrong.  Day 12 I believe of the quarantine, while the first two were nearly well, Af started with her symptoms.  Hers I think were a bit worse in that she has lost her sense of taste and smell.  How odd that must be, I don't know how I could handle that.  She is struggling for sure but is getting a bit better, thank goodness.  

Since we've been out of quarantine and Snicklefritz is still in virtual school I was finally able to request some "SPEND THE NIGHT TIME."  She's been here a couple of nights and days and we've had great fun, eaten some Oreos, made banana pudding for The Hubby, played tons of Uno and watched a bit of television.  Today I take her home because I have a task to do...

Today we meet with the realtor at Daddy's house and officially put it on the market.  I'm having a lot of mixed feelings about that but it is what we must do.  I have the abstract on the house and it has been in my family (grandparents first) since 1953, that's 67 years!  OH MY GOODNESS.  Sadly none of us want to keep the house, why really.  We don't want to rent it out.  Residential renting can be a nightmare and frankly I don't want renters in there that might do more harm.  The reality is that we can make a pretty penny on my parents $10,000 investment and why shouldn't we.  We still have a lot of memories of home, our home and that will carry us through.  I could be sentimental and hang on to it for a "shrine" but that's just not smart.  We have a house in our neighborhood (we've been here 14 years) that the children are not selling, keeping it for a shrine for their parents.  It's falling apart and getting to be an eyesore. Daddy's house already is in need of a great many things, why not let someone else make some memories, or probably what will happen, build a new house.  The lot is HUGE and can accommodate a great new house and it's in an area that is highly desirable right now.  Enough said, it is going to be done.  We have pictures, knick-knacks and tons of memories.  Onward to the future.

I have been painting since in quarantine at home.  Here are my latest:

"Covid Fall"  9x12 oil

"Untitled" 11x14 oil

No comments: