Monday, June 22, 2020

Fathers Day and Birthday's

Yesterday we celebrated all the fathers out there, especially those in our family.  I first went to see my daddy and wish him Happy Fathers Day.  He is definitely getting older and a bit more frail but he's a tough old boot who loves his television shows (The Walton's Gunsmoke, Big Valley, etc.,) his sweet cat Susie and mowing the lawn.  

Later in the day we had the first Fathers Day celebration with our little family.  It was a first for the newest son-in-law.  We had vegan baked ziti and salad, which I must say was devine and a strawberry trifle.  I was so full I thought I would burst.  We enjoyed just hanging and watching old videos of my 30th surprise birthday party that included playing Twister.  Oh my, wish I had that body again.  Life could not be better for me right now.

Today we celebrate Af's 35th birthday.  I cannot, CANNOT believe my baby is 35 years old today.  Where did the years go.  I'm just so very happy to have my family close by now, especially during these days in the world.  I can take a breath of contentment.  

Happy Birthday my lovely, you are the sunshine of my life.

No comments: