Sunday, June 16, 2019

Another Update and More

So much has happened lately with our baby boy dog, He's actually doing so much better.  We do have daily trips to the vet to change his bandages and Friday I really got a good look under the bandages...EGAD!  His once closed up surgery incision is a wide open gap and very deep, although the tissue looks quite healthy and it's not bloody.  This brave tough guy lets the vet probe and touch and never moves or makes a peep.  And a sure sign he's healing is that he actually JUMPED up on the couch twice and, because dogs like to dig to make a bed and he's a dog, he tried to dig in his bed.  It was really kind of cute when he made the motion with his left side and head like he was digging, then with the right.  Oh man!!!  He's getting better.
On a good art note...
I entered this painting, "Fishin' Hole" in an online show, on a website called Light, Space and Time Gallery and was notified that it got a Special Merit Award.  What that means is that our of 572 entries from 22 different countries is that I was recognized.  They awarded 10 top and the next 60 were awarded Special Merit and that is where I fell.   

THEN.....

I had entered these two, "Jackmani" and "Pink Is The New Black" in another of their competitions, AND was notified that I won more things.  Granted it is just online with certificates but it does mean something.

This competition had 1,165 entries from 30 different countries as well as 34 different states including the District of Columbia.  My friend Linda took a first place and second and an honorable mention!   
For "Jackmani" I placed in the top 20 and with "Pink Is The New Black" I took another Special Merit award.  Wow, talk about good for the ego. 
 .  Then I finished this sweet one yesterday and after the response on Facebook, it will surly be entered in some more competitions.
"Morning Glories" 






No comments: